Cubs to Lions Mission
YOUTH MINISTRY MISSION – VISION – CORE VALUES
What We Believe God Has Called Us to Do
We exist to Glorify God, by making disciples that Reach Up, Reach Out, and Reach In
We believe God has called us, in partnership with parents, to:
- INVEST – in the next generation of young people in significant ways
- INSTRUCT – them in the core doctrines and disciplines of the Christian faith along with principles for living healthier, more productive lives
- INSPIRE– them with with Godly examples of a faith-filled life and challenge them to live by faith as well.
- IGNITE – them with a passion for Jesus Christ, a love for themselves, and the world around them, preparing for productive relationships, for service to their community, and for leadership.
OUR VISION– To make the world a better place, by help our children who will one day control the world.
Our vision is for every one of our youth to be:
- POSITIVE– knowing that God loves them, and that He has a good plan and purpose for their lives.
- PASSIONATE- inspired to help themselves, through education, and hard work, so they too can one day help the needy, and the lost
- PREPARED – for life, for relationships, for service, and for leadership.
- Time— We commit to investing in our youth by spending both quality and quantity time with them.
- Love— We commit to investing in our youth by loving them unconditionally, cheerfully, and faithfully, and expressing that love in appropriate ways.
- Prayer— We commit to investing in our youth by praying for and with them faithfully.
- Mentoring—We commit to investing in our youth by helping to mentoring them through their difficult times, and daily experiences in “one-on-one” or small group settings.
- Teaching— We commit to instructing our youth in the core doctrines of the Christian faith in ways that creatively engage their hearts and minds.
- Equipping— We commit to instructing our youth to equip them to grow spiritually and to lead healthy, wise, and productive lives.
- Modeling— We commit that in order to inspire our youth, we must be passionate followers of Jesus Christ and consistently living healthy, wise, and productive lives.
- Challenging—We commit that in order to inspire our youth, we must challenge them to live for Christ with all of their hearts and to join us in taking “faith-filled risks” for Christ.
- Mobilizing— We commit that in order to ignite our youth with a passion for Christ and others we must regularly create opportunities for them to worship, serve the Church, minister to the needy, and evangelize.
- Launching—We commit that in order to ignite our youth and properly “launch” them into their future, we must prepare them for service to God, life’s challenges, for healthy relationships, and for leadership.
THINGS WE HOPE EVERY YOUTH HERE KNOWS…
- God loves you and so do we.
- You are safe here.
- You are special.
- God has a plan for you.
- God’s way really is the best way. Trust Him.